- Video link -> Cursillo: Its Origins, Mentality and Purpose
- Video link to second episode is now available!
The Church Universal - Cursillo - Part II
- Video of the Pope's audience with Cursillistas in Rome
- Full one hour video-link: Euro-Ultreya
- Two and a half minute highlight video: Rome Reports
- Text of video in english here: text
talks about Cursillo: - Father Burke
the Weekend, our history and the point of the movement.
- Why Cursillo?
A more detailed overview of the Cursillo is found in this document:
- The Cursillo Movement: What is it?
Apostolic Endorsements is a set of comments Church Leaders have made
about the Cursillo Movement.
- Apostolic Endorsements
Your entrance into the Joliet Diocese Cursillo Community begins with an invitation
from a Cursillista (one who has previously completed a weekend) who will serve as
your sponsor. Applications, which can be downloaded from the link below, have
sections which must be filled out by the candidate, the sponsor and the candidate's
pastor and then mailed to the Joliet Diocese Cursillo Movement’s Pre-Cursillo
Chairperson. (The address is provided below and is also on the application itself.)
Once the candidate’s application is processed, the candidate will attend a three-day
(72-hour) weekend usually held at a Pastoral Center. The Cursillo Weekend begins
on Thursday evening and ends on Sunday evening. Transportation to and from the
center will be arranged by your sponsor.
The cost of the Weekend includes incidentals as well as room and board. Snacks
and beverages will be readily available all weekend.
The Cursillo is an opportunity to form and live in community with other Catholics
and clergy members. It is immersed in Catholic Doctrine and the Sacraments. The
weekend begins with meditation and silence. Daily mass will be celebrated. There
will be morning and night prayer, rosary, and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
Candidates may receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation as well as spiritual
direction. You will listen to 15 Apostolic talks, ten given by laity and five given by
clergy, and will take part in small discussion groups following each talk.
|Joliet Cursillo ~ P.O. Box 4247 ~ Lisle, IL 60532
Welcome to the Joliet Cursillo Pre-Cursillo Web page!
The information here will answer most all questions candidates and sponsors may
have about attending a Cursillo weekend as well as regarding the Cursillo
Movement in general.
For Weekend schedules, please see the Weekends tab.
If questions remain, please do not hesitate to use the email link or phone number
May all of us also take this opportunity to bring another friend to discipleship in
John "YT" Whitehouse, Pre-Cursillo Chair
- tel: 630-987-9093
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Cursillo in the Media
• Small Group Reunions. A meeting of friends (men with men, women with
women) who meet weekly to share their piety, study and action and encourage
each other in their ongoing faith journey.
• Monthly Ultreya. The Ultreya is a "reunion of the reunions". A aggregate
meeting of small group reunions from Parishes within neighboring communities to
share piety, study and action, listen to a witness speaker and share fellowship. The
Ultreya often follows a Mass.
• Yearly Ultreya Grande. An annual gathering of Cursillistas across the Joliet
Diocese attend Mass and share fellowship.)
• School of Leaders. Cursillistas who discern a call to become more involved in
the movement are encouraged to attend a monthly Leaders’ School to study the
Cursillo purpose and method as well as Catholic Doctrine. More information is
available here: School of Leaders.
More information is available about the Cursillo Weekend and the Movement in
the section below. Please take some time to review these resources.
consider using the above documents (Why Cursillo?, The Cursillo
Movement: What is it? and Apostolic Endorsements) as hand-outs for
your prospective candidate.
Recently, a group of new Cursillistas assembled a list of the Top Ten Reasons for
attending a Cursillo Weekend. There are two versions, one for Men and one for
Women. Here they are:
- Top 10 Reasons to Attend a Men’s Cursillo Weekend
- Top 10 Reasons to Attend a Women’s Cursillo Weekend
A Frequently Asked Question List addresses some of the matters which may be on
the mind of the Candidate or Sponsor.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Sponsor a Cursillo Candidate
November 22, 2014 at Our Lady of Peace Parish in Darien.
features presentations by the following members of the Joliet Cursillo:
- Pat Simmons, St. Pius X Parish, Lombard
- Importance of the Cursillo Method
- Purpose of the Cursillo Movement
- Purpose of Sponsoring
- Sponsor's Responsibility
- Donna Burke, St. Walter Parish, Roselle
- Personal Contact
- Authentic Witness
- Tim Moore, St. Elizabeth Seton Parish, Naperville and Lay Director
for the Joliet Cursillo
- Selection Process
- Sponsoring Couples
- Total Security
|The Cursillo - A Brief Overview
|"Go into the
the good news
to all creation"